Effective Date: 21 January 2014
1. Information Collected
Information you provide directly to Exterion Media Websites. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit an Exterion Media Website. Exterion Media Websites may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features or directly contact the Website:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address / location, phone number and mobile number;
- Demographic information, such as gender and job information;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive (if any);
- Information posted in community discussions and other online interactive features;
- Information provided by you in response to Exterion Media research questionnaires, projects and surveys (the nature of which will be explained to you in more detail prior to your participation in them);
- Correspondence and communications between us; and
- Details of transactions.
Some of this information may be essential in order to provide you with a service that you have requested. Where information is mandatory, it will be identified as such.
Information we collect automatically on Exterion Media Websites. We may collect information about your computer for system administration. The information collected automatically via a Exterion Media Website may include:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting a Exterion Media Website;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the Exterion Media Websites;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other, similar technologies (;
- Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
We collect this as statistical data about our users' browsing patterns and we do not use it to identify you personally.
Information we obtain from other sources. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded video players), from third party sites (for example, on our pages on Facebook), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The information we collect from other sources includes:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender and job information;
- If you access third-party services (such as Facebook, Google or Twitter) through a Exterion Media Website, or if you access a Exterion Media Website via a third-party service, your username for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services;
- Your interests and purchase behaviour;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
The information gathered through these cookies will be used by the Exterion Media entity responsible for your Exterion Media Website and may also be used by other Exterion Media group companies, for the purposes outlined in this policy.
2. Use of your information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Fulfil your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters and to complete transactions that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, promotions and message boards;
- Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials about us (including the Exterion Media Websites) and on behalf of other Exterion Media group companies, in accordance with applicable law;
- Research and analysis of the use of Exterion Media Websites and information about visitors to the Exterion Media Websites to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop our or their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a Exterion Media Website;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Combining Information. The information we collect about you may be combined for the purposes outlined in this Policy, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Exterion Media Websites.
3. Disclosure of your information
Exterion Media is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- With your consent. The Exterion Media group of companies continues to grow to include innovative Exterion Media Websites that offer rich and deep interactive experiences. You hereby consent to us sharing your contact information with other Exterion Media group companies so that they can send you communications about their products and services. You can withdraw your consent for us sharing your information within the Exterion Media Outdoor group at any time by contacting us. We may also share your information in this way where permitted by law.
- Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialised services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide services and not for any other purpose.
- Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfilment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a promotion, you also agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of an Exterion Media Website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Where required by applicable law, a notice informing you of any such business transfer will be sent to you if you have previously provided us with your contact information.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, where we have a legal duty to do so, including in response to court orders or legal process, and to comply with other legal obligations imposed on us.
- Protect our Websites and users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of the Exterion Media Websites, the Exterion Media group of companies, and their employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcing our agreements); to protect the safety and security of users of the Exterion Media Websites and members of the public.
We may share aggregated or anonymised information with third parties, for purposes including helping us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop our or their products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymised or aggregated information will not include information that could be used to identify you.
4. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on Exterion Media Websites without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on Exterion Media Websites.
We send marketing communications where you have agreed to us doing so. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails or text messages from a particular Exterion Media Website or service by following the instructions contained in any such message or by contacting us at any time (see Questions below). Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Exterion Media Websites, such as service announcements.
5. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted appropriate and commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorised alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Exterion Media Websites but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive the information that you send to us, it will be subject to our usual security measures.
6. Transfer of Data Internationally
By using and participating in any Exterion Media Website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information for the purposes outlined in this policy.
The Exterion Media Websites are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 18.
8. User-Generated Content
9. Third Party Sites
10. Your rights
You may be entitled under local law to:
- access, update or amend the information that we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your information by Exterion Media, including for marketing purposes or otherwise where you have a legitimate reason for doing so; and/or
- ask us to delete your information. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal or security obligations or internal requirements.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Amsterdam 1101 CJ